The honest answer is that it probably means nothing. I don’t think there’s been an election in my lifetime that was impacted by the second person on a presidential ticket.
And a quick look at Intrade.com shows that Ryan’s selection hasn’t (at least yet) moved the needle. Obama is still in the high 50s.
Moreover, the person who becomes Vice President usually plays only a minor role in Administration policy.
With those caveats out of the way, the Ryan pick is mostly good news.
Here are the reasons why I’m happy.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Video: “The Newsroom” final season invites you to relive hackneyed debates of 2013 Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Video: First case of Ebola found in the US Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- Romney on 2016: “We’ve got a lot of people looking at the race. We’ll see what happens.” Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- NFL apologizes for penalizing player who prayed in end zone Jeff Dunetz 12 hours ago
- Should the next AG be … Republican? Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago