To understand how, consider that the Democratic explanation for our current malaise is utterly fallacious. Mr. Obama and his allies identify the "Bush tax cuts," "two wars that weren't paid for," and "deregulation" as the causes of America's present economic doldrums. But federal outlays as a percentage of GDP under George W. Bush averaged 19.6 percent. Under Obama, spending has ballooned to 24.1 percent of GDP. Much of Bush's spending was temporary (the two wars, one of...
If Mitt Romney is elected and secures Republican control of both houses of Congress, the U.S. could be poised for a vertiginous economic snapback.
- Change: Obama set to delay executive amnesty until after the midterms? Allahpundit 30 mins ago
- End of an era: Chelsea Clinton leaves NBC Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Inside the collapse of Obama’s Syria ‘strategy’ Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Politico, WaPo, ABC: This “no strategy” comment will do serious damage Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- How many times does Josh Earnest have to say ‘strategy’ before you forget yesterday? Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- ISIS has shocked America back to its senses Noah Rothman 3 hours ago