To understand how, consider that the Democratic explanation for our current malaise is utterly fallacious. Mr. Obama and his allies identify the "Bush tax cuts," "two wars that weren't paid for," and "deregulation" as the causes of America's present economic doldrums. But federal outlays as a percentage of GDP under George W. Bush averaged 19.6 percent. Under Obama, spending has ballooned to 24.1 percent of GDP. Much of Bush's spending was temporary (the two wars, one of...
If Mitt Romney is elected and secures Republican control of both houses of Congress, the U.S. could be poised for a vertiginous economic snapback.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Video: Canada’s Sergeant at Arms gets standing ovation after shooting terrorist while wearing tails Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Poll: Republican gubernatorial candidate up two points in…Illinois? Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Breaking: New Ebola case in NYC Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- Obama: Hey Georgia, do me a solid and elect Michelle Nunn Guy Benson 9 hours ago
- FBI warns ISIS trying to kidnap journalists abroad Noah Rothman 10 hours ago