Last night on the O'Reilly Factor, former Secretary of State Colin Powell again accused the Republican party of racism, saying calling President Obama lazy is code language despite Obama referring to himself as lazy. Powell's comments come two weeks after he said the GOP had a "dark vein of intolerance" on NBC's Meet the Press.
If we recognize that "Hispanics" are merely Iberian Celts, who happen to speak Spanish or Portuguese , but who are white just like the Irish, Scots and Welsh Celts, then the political dividing line shifts. The real division is the statist ideology most of the "Hispanics" have been raised on from their country of origin. Given the time together with the proper social and political climate encouraging assimilation, a.k.a. the classic melting pot, then this would pose no problem. Unfortunately, the very notion of assimilation has been lost.
- Kerry lands in Cairo as Hamas, Israel refuse cease fire Ed Morrissey 43 minutes ago
- IRS: Hey, maybe we do have our e-mail backups Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Again: Exactly which elite, liberal institution does have to live up to the Left’s values? Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Detroit suspends water shut-offs for 15 days Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Through the looking glass: White House that loves using anonymous sources upset at being attacked by anonymous sources Allahpundit 13 hours ago