This is why it seems so hard to reflect that vision of patience when black-hearted "artists" practice character assassination on the Blessed Virgin...
You're leaving out the part that set Mary apart from the mythical figures on you list and made her uniquely special: “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God... Mary answered, 'May it be to me as you have said.'" Mary willingly allowed the Holy Spirit to come upon her and Jesus came and lived inside her. The same thing can happen to each one of us. Merry Christmas...
A Christian can be crushed gazing at the picture of Mary standing at the foot of the cross, watching her beloved son suffocate and die. But in that vision, she stands there for hours, patiently enduring her suffering. For two millennia, she has been a role model for Christians, a woman who practiced obedience in the most difficult of human circumstances, with fervent hope for what this sacrifice will offer all mankind as it struggles with sin.
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 20:1–16 Ed Morrissey 22 mins ago
- Unhappy anniversary: six years of Keystone obstruction Jazz Shaw 52 mins ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Video: The solution to the campus sexual assault crisis Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- Obama’s ISIS Tap Dance Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago