Bliefus, Agree with your comments, but want to let you know, I was working in southern AZ a few years ago and encountered a number of Mules. When I found myself face to face in an arroyo, I deemed it prudent to be friendly and was shocked in all of my conversations to find out these men weren't doing it for money. Every one (and that isn't to imply all Mules) was carrying 90-100 pounds of pot because they had a wife, daughter, sister or mother who had been kidnapped in Mexico and the ransom was to transport pot to I-10. Once they got there they wasted no time getting home to hopefully get their loved ones back before being raped or murdered. About every 2 months we would come across the body of a Mule who didn't make it. In most cases scavengers didn't leave much of a body for the Boarder Patrol to recover when they responded to our report. To all those stoners who say their pot consumption never hurt anyone- I call BS. Another surprise came when I talked to Border Patrol Agents. My assumption was that Mules would be carrying high value drugs. To the contrary they told me, Mules almost exclusively carry pot.
As you know Michelle, the Republican party in Colorado was invaded by democrats in elephant suits several years ago. Tancredo has my vote, hopefully everyone else is ready to end the Ritter/Hickenlooper train wreck.

My Trip to the Pot Shop

sevenheart Wrote: Mar 26, 2014 12:33 PM
LOL, thanks FIshers_Man!

My Trip to the Pot Shop

sevenheart Wrote: Mar 26, 2014 11:21 AM
Of course those people are in the minoriity.

My Trip to the Pot Shop

sevenheart Wrote: Mar 26, 2014 11:04 AM
Already done- marinol and other prescription derivatives are available.

My Trip to the Pot Shop

sevenheart Wrote: Mar 26, 2014 11:01 AM
Nexgt thing you know people are going to attempt to make comments after being known to spark one up.

My Trip to the Pot Shop

sevenheart Wrote: Mar 26, 2014 10:56 AM
I know this will get lost in the volume of comments, but several decades ago I destroyed both shoulders in an accident and had to endure 2 1/2 years of surgeries and rehab. I was encouraged by several recreational users to try pot for pain relief. In my experience it increased the sensation of pain. That makes some sense since the same advocates claimed pot enhanced sensations of pleasure. My conclusion was that pot can't both enhance pleasure and suppress pain. I don't deny the benefits of improving appetite, keep the pantry full of Twinkies, but I would advise anyone seeking pain relief to assess their personal results carefully. Additionally, treatment for overdoses of edible pot are on the rise in areas that cater to pot tourists, if you try edibles don't get the munchies. And finally, I have a close relative who works in a cancer center where pot is prescribed for it's benefits. They are starting to see an increase in lung cancer patients who have never smoked tobacco, but have long histories of smoking pot. While there are some helpful benefits, there are also significant long term health risks.
The problems of legalization in Colorado are only beginning to become apparent. I live in Colorado and will attest to the steady uptick of news reports of "marijuana tourists" requiring EMS services and emergency room visits due to overdoses of edible marijuana. Pot induces munchies and the stoner satisfies the craving with more brownies...................... hmmm, maybe this is a self correcting problem. Many banks refuse to serve the pot industry due to the risk of running afoul of federal banking laws. Stoned driving is beginning to be a problem, and even funnier is the claims of unfair treatment when recreational pot users fail pre-hire and random drug tests, crying "But it's legal!" Well yes, but not necessarily permissible.
"Creative editing" scares me. Thank you for your courage in going to such a biased program if only to reach a small percentage of it's viewers. Every little bit helps. As always, your assessment of the controversy is on the mark. Now as for NY pizza.............. I've eaten much better pizza in NM!

Ariel Sharon: Larger Than Life

sevenheart Wrote: Jan 13, 2014 10:02 AM
And Nelson Mandella is portrayed as an angel............... go figure.