Alas, we still have Rick Santorum saying Obamacare is the same as what he calls "Romneycare"; the otherwise brilliant Mickey Kaus sniffing that if states can mandate insurance purchases, then we're "not talking about some basic individual liberty to not purchase stuff" (no, just the nation's founding document, which protects "basic individual liberties" by putting constraints on Congress); and the former law professor, Barack Obama, alleging that a "good example" of judicial activism would be the Supreme Court (in his...
In response to:
The framers also didn't foresee installation of political hack justices, completely devoid of honor and integrity, to leak SC decisions to the Executive Branch and vote on issues they had themselves devised.
The reason tea partiers carried signs saying "Read the Constitution!" was that we were hoping people would read the Constitution.
- Quotes of the day Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- Venezuela to US: You should probably come participate in a “peace commission” on all this violence you’ve caused Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago
- The most dangerous wedding photo evah? Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- Exit polls show Crimea annexation wins 93% of vote while under Russian occupation Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- NRLC Interview – Joe Scarborough Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- And your latest straw poll winner is… Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago