What is it about Abraham Lincoln that has captured the hearts and minds of the American public since his assassination nearly 150 years ago? After all, one could argue -- rather persuasively -- that our 16th president was the least qualified candidate ever elected to high national office; in fact, his public service record included just four terms in the Illinois state legislative, one unremarkable term in the House of Representatives, and two unsuccessful bids for the US Senate. In addition, he had virtually no executive experience and, as his contemporaries invariably pointed out, Lincoln seemed wholly unfit to lead the...
Not a fan of Lincoln. Most of what is said about him is revisionist nonsense. The war between the states was fought over money. He was the first tyrant.
- Obama to faith leaders: I have no plans for an executive amnesty on immigration Allahpundit 39 minutes ago
- Income-inequality warrior to earn $225,000 per year for doing nothing in particular about income inequality Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Is Kickstarter kicking out pro-life projects? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Oh, good: Obama to announce more faux stimulus with $600 million for job training Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- New study shows casual pot use connected to brain abnormalities Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Minnesota to outsource ObamaCare exchange management to private sector Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago