President Obama has been credited by many gun owners and manufacturers as being the greatest guns salesman in history. Although Obama didn't launch a direct attack on the Second Amendment and gun ownership during his first term, many thought he would and purchased firearms and ammunition in great quantities. Now that President Obama has been elected a second time with a publicized goal of an "assault" weapons ban, gun sales are through the roof. The month of December brought in a record number of gun sales and FBI background checks. Yesterday, President Obama signed 23 executive actions for gun...
In response to:
75,000 to 100,000 Americans die every year from the use of alcohol - from disease, from violence induced by alcohol, from drunk driving accidents. 1,500 to 2,000 innocent children under 16 are killed as passengers, pedestrians, or bike riders by drunk drivers every year. Where's the outrage? Where's the demand to ban alcohol, a substance with far less redeeming value than guns. Where's the compassion for children killed by drunk drivers; for the thousands born every year with fetal alcohol syndrome; for the children abused by their drunken parents? Why is it that the thousands of children killed by alcohol do not deserve compassion and outcries, while those few who are killed by guns create such outcries?
- This is CNN: White gay man and black woman argue over who is ‘stealing’ the other’s culture Noah Rothman 23 minutes ago
- Palin makes the case for impeaching Obama Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Megyn Kelly vs. Nancy Pelosi on the Hobby Lobby ruling Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Poll: Republican voters back immigration reform? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- LeBron James becomes first person ever to leave Miami for Cleveland voluntarily Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Contemptible corporate cowardice Noah Rothman 3 hours ago