President Obama has been credited by many gun owners and manufacturers as being the greatest guns salesman in history. Although Obama didn't launch a direct attack on the Second Amendment and gun ownership during his first term, many thought he would and purchased firearms and ammunition in great quantities. Now that President Obama has been elected a second time with a publicized goal of an "assault" weapons ban, gun sales are through the roof. The month of December brought in a record number of gun sales and FBI background checks. Yesterday, President Obama signed 23 executive actions for gun...
In response to:
75,000 to 100,000 Americans die every year from the use of alcohol - from disease, from violence induced by alcohol, from drunk driving accidents. 1,500 to 2,000 innocent children under 16 are killed as passengers, pedestrians, or bike riders by drunk drivers every year. Where's the outrage? Where's the demand to ban alcohol, a substance with far less redeeming value than guns. Where's the compassion for children killed by drunk drivers; for the thousands born every year with fetal alcohol syndrome; for the children abused by their drunken parents? Why is it that the thousands of children killed by alcohol do not deserve compassion and outcries, while those few who are killed by guns create such outcries?
- Will gun control sink Connecticut’s Democratic governor? Noah Rothman 19 mins ago
- The Democrats have a fee-vah and the only prescription is a new government shutdown Allahpundit 59 mins ago
- Should childhood be prisonhood? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Great news: You’re paying for a 1 year experiment to find out if the universe is a hologram Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Feminists oppose anti-date rape drug technology Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Poroshenko declares new Russian “invasion” as rebels open new front Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago