Just days before Christmas, the Journal News out of New York published a story headlined, "Where are the gun permits in your neighborhood?" The Journal News thought it was important to publish the names and addresses of every gun permit holder in Westchester and Rockland counties in the name of public safety and the public's right to know. Turns out, they accomplished the opposite by treating lawful gun permit holders like convicted sex offenders. The story received national attention and put gun permit holders and their non-holding neighbors at risk. Ex-convicts said the Journal News story was a...
The astounding aspect of the Journal News "outing" of handgun owners is that a New York resident has to apply for and, at the end of the process, eventually get a judges approval to own a handgun. As a resident of Oregon I have to go through an "insta-check" at the gun shop on the day of purchase. The record of the sale is permanently held by the gun shop, but the state's record of the sale is, by law, erased within 30 days. The citizens of Oregon would not tolerate what the castrated subjects of New York have to go through. I suggest that the Journal News incident be used by the subjects of New York state to not only disallow the "outing" of who owns handguns, but take the next step and get rid of the current process for ownership.
- Study: Non-citizens are voting in federal elections — and probably tipped at least one Senate race to Democrats Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- HHS official to Congress: I’m totally in charge, but that doesn’t mean I can prioritize Ebola prep over puppet shows Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- All in: Democrats plan full-court press to defeat Walker Guy Benson 12 hours ago
- Oh, by the way: North Korea now knows how to build small nuclear warheads for delivery via ICBM Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Video: The ultimate Debbie Wasserman Schultz clip Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- DHS auditor: It’s not your imagination, we aren’t prepared for a pandemic Noah Rothman 14 hours ago