Just days before Christmas, the Journal News out of New York published a story headlined, "Where are the gun permits in your neighborhood?" The Journal News thought it was important to publish the names and addresses of every gun permit holder in Westchester and Rockland counties in the name of public safety and the public's right to know. Turns out, they accomplished the opposite by treating lawful gun permit holders like convicted sex offenders. The story received national attention and put gun permit holders and their non-holding neighbors at risk. Ex-convicts said the Journal News story was a...
The astounding aspect of the Journal News "outing" of handgun owners is that a New York resident has to apply for and, at the end of the process, eventually get a judges approval to own a handgun. As a resident of Oregon I have to go through an "insta-check" at the gun shop on the day of purchase. The record of the sale is permanently held by the gun shop, but the state's record of the sale is, by law, erased within 30 days. The citizens of Oregon would not tolerate what the castrated subjects of New York have to go through. I suggest that the Journal News incident be used by the subjects of New York state to not only disallow the "outing" of who owns handguns, but take the next step and get rid of the current process for ownership.
- Hitching Post Wedding Chapel ordered to perform same sex marriages Jazz Shaw 37 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Your feel good video of the weekend, with Reince and DWS Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- Noted internet gambling critic has interesting gaming history Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- 2014’s ‘Clinton Democrats’ crashing and burning Noah Rothman 17 hours ago
- The Democrats’ embarrassing attempt to blame Republican for Ebola collapses Noah Rothman 18 hours ago