Open Legs and Closed Minds

SFLBIB Wrote: Nov 12, 2014 11:58 AM
The attitude of higher ed is the more useful a major is, the less "educated" you become. As the British would say, your endeavors were of trade. Conversely, the less useful your major, the more educated you are considered. Seneca (AD 5-65) once said, "We waste our efforts on the inane. We are educated not for life but for the classroom.” During my first year of college, the raging question of the day, as I heard one professor say to a colleague, was, “Shall we educate students or train them to do a job?” so I don't think things have changed in the intervening years.

Open Legs and Closed Minds

SFLBIB Wrote: Nov 12, 2014 11:47 AM
I don't have a reference, but the theory I heard is that the homosexual movement has joined joined forces with the general liberal movement, thus leveraging their influence over politicians. Hence, you will see homos counter-demonstrating outside abortion clinics even though they don't need abortion themselves. Heaven help us if felons ever get the vote nationwide.
"They are trying to cheat, but we can beat them ..." That's not beating them; it's just making sure the vote is what it is supposed to be.
Then it is not a science. In a past job, I had to take numbers and make them tell a particular story. I amazed even myself at how easy it was. No one was ever able to challenge my analysis because they couldn't see the flaw in it. So the Justice Department hired a political "scientist" to do the same thing.

Predatory Journalism

SFLBIB Wrote: Oct 21, 2014 11:37 AM
Six-year loans are popular? I thought 5-year loans were insane. When I was a kid, 3-year loans were the norm, and even then, your car depreciated so you never had any equity in it. What you were offered at trade-in was never more than you owed, even though you never told them. As my mother used to say, "They have it all figured out." With a six-year loan, it looks as though you'd have to come up with a big chunk of change if you traded in before the loan was paid off.

Max Allen: Chief Divisiveness Officer

SFLBIB Wrote: Oct 20, 2014 5:36 PM
Bravo, oh, bravo!

Max Allen: Chief Divisiveness Officer

SFLBIB Wrote: Oct 20, 2014 5:33 PM
Anybody familiar with the disasters of the 20th century brought on by people who can communicate ideas to the masses, would run for the hills any time they encountered someone who could communicate ideas to the masses.

Max Allen: Chief Divisiveness Officer

SFLBIB Wrote: Oct 20, 2014 5:29 PM
The only diversity that real people care about is a diversity of ethnic cuisines.

Max Allen: Chief Divisiveness Officer

SFLBIB Wrote: Oct 20, 2014 5:25 PM
What do you think?

Ten at Fifty (Part II)

SFLBIB Wrote: Oct 17, 2014 3:40 PM
"Exactly what 'heavy price' is Obama paying ...?" His legacy is suffering. " People with very low, or no standards will still worship at his feet ..." I have noticed a phenomenon among a leader's true believers: they are willing to crawl across two miles of broken glass just for the privilege of sticking toothpicks his t*rds. Hitler, Mussolini, FDR, KFK, LBJ, Clinton [both of them], and now obama all had them [or still do]. [This list is representative rather than all-inclusive.] Note that they all tend to be on the Left.

The coming ass age

SFLBIB Wrote: Oct 08, 2014 5:01 PM
"...corrupt practices such as papal indulgences." For the record, the problem wasn't the indulgences themselves but the selling of them. Luther strongly disputed the claim that freedom from God's punishment for sin could be purchased with monetary values. Whenever you pray for forgiveness, you are asking for an indulgence.