AP directs writers not to use the terms "illegal alien, an illegal, illegals or undocumented" anymore, except "in direct quotations." It won't be long before illegal border crossers, illegal visa overstayers, illegal deportation evaders, document fraudsters and illegal alien traffickers are all referred to as "our fellow Americans." Without the quotations....
In response to:
Bill Clinton's US-Bankrupting-Destroying Illegal-Alien Amnesties: 1. Sec 245-i, 1994 temporary rolling Amnesty, 578,000 illegal aliens 2. Sec 245-i, 1997 Extension of 1994 Amnesty 3. Nicaraguan Adjustment-Central American Relief Act - 1997 Amnesty, 1-million illegal aliens 4. 1998 Haitian Refugee Immigration Fairness Act Amnesty - 125,000 illegal aliens 5. Late Amnesty 2000 - 400,000 illegal aliens claim right to Reagans 1986 IRCA 6. Life Amnesty 2000 – Sec-245-i-rolling, 900,000 illegal aliens None of the border security, employers not hiring illegal-aliens laws written into any of these amnesty-bills have ever been enforced ! We have enough 3rd-worlders, we should lower the yearly-quotas-way-down to make up for our past mistakes !
File this in the overflowing cabinet labeled: No Wonder the Mainstream Media Is Dying. On Tuesday, the Associated Press announced that it is banishing the phrase "illegal immigrant" from its famous stylebook. The world's largest newsgathering outlet now advises reporters that "illegal" will "only refer to an action, not a person."
- How many times does Josh Earnest have to say ‘strategy’ before you forget yesterday? Noah Rothman 40 mins ago
- ISIS has shocked America back to its senses Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Surprise coming in MA gubernatorial race? Ed Morrissey 2 hour ago
- America has no strategy, but ISIS does: Biological terrorism Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- More non-existent voter fraud tuns up in Virginia Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- AFP Defending the Dream Summit: Day 1 Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago