“We don’t see the debt as an excuse to cut with abandon, to shirk our obligations,” Ryan said. “We see it as an opportunity to reform government, to make it cleaner and more effective. That’s what conservatives stand for.”
To ME, "limited gov't" means if the private sector can do it better and cheaper, then the gov't has no business getting involved with it. We have no use for agencies like HUD, EPA, Education and Energy..all they do is employ bureaucrats to push paper and who then sit around thinking of ways to justify their existence...most are run by busy bodies and control freaks and are used to harass people into compliance with dictates that the gov't had no business involving itself in in the first place...does the phrase vicious circle come to mind? defund them all and their regs and you wouldn't need to cut much more than that.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago