“We don’t see the debt as an excuse to cut with abandon, to shirk our obligations,” Ryan said. “We see it as an opportunity to reform government, to make it cleaner and more effective. That’s what conservatives stand for.”
To ME, "limited gov't" means if the private sector can do it better and cheaper, then the gov't has no business getting involved with it. We have no use for agencies like HUD, EPA, Education and Energy..all they do is employ bureaucrats to push paper and who then sit around thinking of ways to justify their existence...most are run by busy bodies and control freaks and are used to harass people into compliance with dictates that the gov't had no business involving itself in in the first place...does the phrase vicious circle come to mind? defund them all and their regs and you wouldn't need to cut much more than that.
- Quotes of the Day Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Would-be victim delivering pizza thwarts would-be robbery with her concealed weapon Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- The EPA is charging $75,000/day over a private citizen’s pond, but don’t you worry about their revisions to the Clean Water Act Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago
- Christie jacking up tax on e-cigarettes Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- Interview with Al Baldasaro Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- How many people have died from GM ignition-switch defect? Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago