If we remember back to when schools actually taught such things, the linchpin of the American Constitution is the Bill of Rights. Those were the rights the founding fathers of this great nation felt were necessary to spell out in the...
I distinctly remember that about 7th grade we had all ten of the bill of rights hanging around the room on posters that looked like scrolls unrolled. We had to learn each one and why the framers, especially Jefferson, insisted upon them and what each one actually meant..the first and second especially. I am sure other old timers remember as well..Do we still teach the American values as they did back in the 40's and 50's? I doubt it, now the framers are just old dead white guys who held slaves ergo they and their words and sacrifices are moot. This must stop and our uniquely American way of doing things re-instated, it's what made us great ...those that don't like it are FREE..to leave.
Let me commit political heresy in this presidential election year: It’s not the economy, stupid! Our first freedoms—those freedoms enumerated in the First Amendment—are being recklessly discarded by the ruling class in favor of government ideology. It seems that America’s citizenry has become so numb to outrageous political acts that even trampling our constitutional rights barely raises an eyebrow.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014