If you don't have health insurance it's probably for two main reasons. The first being that you can't afford it or two, you're a healthy young person who doesn't feel like they need it at this point in life. Others may not have health insurance due to lack of employer coverage. Regardless, under new ObamaCare rules lacking health insurance results in a large ObamaCare fine/tax, something that forces people to pay for something they can't afford and young people to pay for something they don't need. Not to mention, when people are paying a fine and not receiving healthcare insurance...
As you said, we were paying it anyway through payment by government to hospitals. Now we will be paying it anyway with a whole heap of bureaucrats to be paid piled on top. Do you think all those IRS agents and overseers of this system work for free? No, the IRS just added a new fee, it will add ANOTHER $150 to your current self paid policy or over $300 for a business paying a policy. The current Obamacare allows folks to just pay the penalty and then go buy insurance if they get sick. What do you think that system is going to do for the people trying to pay for their own insurance. We are a couple paying our own health insurance. It went up 23% this year to $830 a month with a high deductible. That's before the new IRS fee.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Scarborough: A certain network should cover Bridgegate clearing as much as allegations Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Remind me again, why isn’t Condi Rice running for president? Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Following Scotland’s lead: 25% of USA residents open to breaking away Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- Video: Does watching NFL games make you an ‘enabler’ of domestic violence? Guy Benson 7 hours ago
- Video: Remy solves “the ISIS crisis” as only he can Allahpundit 8 hours ago