Consider the disconnects: California's combined income and sales taxes are among the nation's highest, but the state's deficit is still about $16 billion. It's estimated that more than 2,000 upper-income Californians are leaving per week to flee high taxes and costly regulations, yet California wants to raise taxes even higher; its business climate already ranks near the bottom of most surveys. Its teachers are among the highest paid on average in the nation, but its public school students consistently test near the bottom...
facts, you are not even there to really know whats going on with boots on the ground... if I believed everything I read in Townhall I would think California would fall into the sea like Guam
Driving across California is like going from Mississippi to Massachusetts without ever crossing a state line.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- U.S. to announce ground troops to Poland, says… Polish defense minister Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Rand Paul to Harry Reid: Simmer down with the “domestic terrorist” rhetoric about Bundy’s supporters Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Snowden: I asked Putin that softball question on surveillance to start a public debate in Russia Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- The Obama admin is delaying the Keystone XL review process through the election. Yes, again. Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago
- Rubio on immigration: I think Republicans have reached a point of “irreconcilable differences” with Obama Allahpundit 10 hours ago