Consider the disconnects: California's combined income and sales taxes are among the nation's highest, but the state's deficit is still about $16 billion. It's estimated that more than 2,000 upper-income Californians are leaving per week to flee high taxes and costly regulations, yet California wants to raise taxes even higher; its business climate already ranks near the bottom of most surveys. Its teachers are among the highest paid on average in the nation, but its public school students consistently test near the bottom...
facts, you are not even there to really know whats going on with boots on the ground... if I believed everything I read in Townhall I would think California would fall into the sea like Guam
Driving across California is like going from Mississippi to Massachusetts without ever crossing a state line.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Good: Comedienne refuses to apologize for telling jokes Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Shocking report: Obama didn’t even finish Jiro’s sushi Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Who’s up for a Throwback Thursday with Kim Jong Un? Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- Georgia governor signs liberalizing concealed carry law Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago
- McCain: It’s a stain on America’s honor that we haven’t passed amnesty yet Allahpundit 10 hours ago