Consider the disconnects: California's combined income and sales taxes are among the nation's highest, but the state's deficit is still about $16 billion. It's estimated that more than 2,000 upper-income Californians are leaving per week to flee high taxes and costly regulations, yet California wants to raise taxes even higher; its business climate already ranks near the bottom of most surveys. Its teachers are among the highest paid on average in the nation, but its public school students consistently test near the bottom...
facts, you are not even there to really know whats going on with boots on the ground... if I believed everything I read in Townhall I would think California would fall into the sea like Guam
Driving across California is like going from Mississippi to Massachusetts without ever crossing a state line.
- NBC/WSJ poll shows Obama approval at new low of 41% Ed Morrissey 14 minutes ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- GAO to audit Oregon’s failed ObamaCare exchange site Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Video: Chris Matthews attempts a do-over during his live show Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- FL-13 special election: Jolly wins! Erika Johnsen 11 hours ago
- Finally: “Frozen,” the honest trailer Allahpundit 12 hours ago