Affordable housing and health care costs are terms with considerable emotional appeal that politicians exploit but have absolutely no useful meaning or analytical worth. For example, can anyone tell me in actual dollars and cents the price of an affordable car, house or myomectomy? It's probably more pleasant to pretend that there is universal agreement about what is or is...
Armstrong, I really enjoy reading your work, I just wonder where the next Milton Freidman's will come from when you and Thomas Sowell retire. You two are the voices of reason in the confused world that we live in. Thank you for your valuable insight and knowledge.
It's difficult to be a good economist and simultaneously be perceived as compassionate. To be a good economist, one has to deal with reality. To appear compassionate, often one has to avoid unpleasant questions, use "caring" terminology and view reality as optional.
- CRS report: The administration has missed 44 of its own ObamaCare deadlines Erika Johnsen 49 minutes ago
- Coming soon to the Nevada desert: “BundyFest”? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Oh, was yesterday Earth Day? Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Chris Hayes: In a way, abolishing global warming is like abolishing slavery Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Jeb Bush announces: I’m officially thinking of running for president Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Udall’s first ad in Colorado: The war-on-womenizing we’ve been waiting for Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago