Affordable housing and health care costs are terms with considerable emotional appeal that politicians exploit but have absolutely no useful meaning or analytical worth. For example, can anyone tell me in actual dollars and cents the price of an affordable car, house or myomectomy? It's probably more pleasant to pretend that there is universal agreement about what is or is...
Armstrong, I really enjoy reading your work, I just wonder where the next Milton Freidman's will come from when you and Thomas Sowell retire. You two are the voices of reason in the confused world that we live in. Thank you for your valuable insight and knowledge.
It's difficult to be a good economist and simultaneously be perceived as compassionate. To be a good economist, one has to deal with reality. To appear compassionate, often one has to avoid unpleasant questions, use "caring" terminology and view reality as optional.
- Obama’s administration at war with itself over ISIS strategy Noah Rothman 22 mins ago
- Video: Biggest insurer in MN pulling out of state exchange Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- House passes bill authorizing Obama to train Syria’s “moderate” rebels, with most Republicans voting yes Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- John Kerry to Code Pink: If you care about women, you should want to fight ISIS Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Poll: Republican Cory Gardner now leads Mark Udall by one in Colorado Senate race Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- The dream of a Jon Huntsman independent run in 2016 is alive and well, my friends Allahpundit 3 hours ago