"With all due respect, the fact is we had four dead Americans. Was it because of a protest, or was it because of guys out for a walk one night who decided they'd they go kill some Americans? What difference, at this point, does it make?" Secretary of State Hillary Clinton asked the Senate Foreign Relations Committee at a hearing on the Sept. 11, 2012, attack in Benghazi, Libya, which left U.S. Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens, Tyrone Woods, Sean Smith and Glen Doherty dead. "It is our job to figure out what happened and do everything we can to prevent...
“…or was it because of guys out for a walk one night who decided they'd go kill some Americans? What difference, at this point, does it make?" They should have turned the question back on her saying that it made so much difference to this administration that they had to spend two weeks lying about it and throw a man in jail without a trial. So Madam Secretary, what difference does it make and why were you so intent on covering up one possible reason while promoting another motive? If the motives are so complex then why did the UN Ambassador and the President seem to have it figured out within hours of the attacks and scoff at any other explination?
- IG: Secret Service op on behalf of employee in neighborhood dispute “problematic” Ed Morrissey 17 mins ago
- Jeanne Shaheen’s victory lap on chemical weapons in Syria exposes ignorance Noah Rothman 46 mins ago
- Autopsy shows Michael Brown shot twice at close range Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Christie “tired of hearing about the minimum wage.” Mistake? Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Dems: We’re keeping Pelosi even if we lose Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Shaheen approves of Obama except when she doesn’t Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago