Despite a sluggish recovery and depressing job creation numbers, the president isn't pushing for policies that would stimulate the economy and create jobs; he's focusing on keeping his own job. On Monday, the Senate voted 51-45 -- shy of the 60 votes needed -- on a version of the "Buffett...
There is no rational defense for our current progressive tax system. If 10% is fair, than its fair for everyone weather you make $30K a year or 10 million dollars a minute. If the lowest income levels can’t afford 10% than lower it for all. Complaining that the middle class is struggling and millionaires don’t pay as much tax as average folks is to say we want everyone to struggle. At what income level are you no longer a citizen? At what income level is the government more entitled to your money than you are? At what income level are you subject to the caprices of mob rule over the rule of law?
President Barack Obama calls his proposed tax on millionaires the "Buffett rule," based on financier Warren Buffett's claim that he pays a lower tax rate than his secretary. Obama claims that the "Buffett rule" asks millionaires to "do their fair share" by paying the same income tax rate that middle-class families pay.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Video: How does the president’s tone help solve the problem? Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Obama’s law professor: There’s a “very high risk” that a federal court is going to gut ObamaCare Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- This is CNN: White gay man and black woman argue over who is ‘stealing’ the other’s culture Noah Rothman 13 hours ago
- Palin makes the case for impeaching Obama Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Video: Megyn Kelly vs. Nancy Pelosi on the Hobby Lobby ruling Allahpundit 15 hours ago