Despite a sluggish recovery and depressing job creation numbers, the president isn't pushing for policies that would stimulate the economy and create jobs; he's focusing on keeping his own job. On Monday, the Senate voted 51-45 -- shy of the 60 votes needed -- on a version of the "Buffett...
There is no rational defense for our current progressive tax system. If 10% is fair, than its fair for everyone weather you make $30K a year or 10 million dollars a minute. If the lowest income levels can’t afford 10% than lower it for all. Complaining that the middle class is struggling and millionaires don’t pay as much tax as average folks is to say we want everyone to struggle. At what income level are you no longer a citizen? At what income level is the government more entitled to your money than you are? At what income level are you subject to the caprices of mob rule over the rule of law?
President Barack Obama calls his proposed tax on millionaires the "Buffett rule," based on financier Warren Buffett's claim that he pays a lower tax rate than his secretary. Obama claims that the "Buffett rule" asks millionaires to "do their fair share" by paying the same income tax rate that middle-class families pay.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- John Roberts doesn’t believe either Scalia or Ginsburg could be confirmed today Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Publisher rips New York Times for snubbing David Limbaugh’s book Noah Rothman 11 hours ago
- How to lose a war before it begins Noah Rothman 12 hours ago
- Putin: I could have troops in Kiev… Warsaw and Bucharest Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- NFL Week 3 open thread Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago