Team Obama conducted nightly surveys of 9,000 likely voters in 10 battleground states. Because of those surveys, campaign manager Jim Messina told the gathering, "We thought we knew exactly where the electorate was." The campaign's targeting was so tight that national field...
The Obama did successfully exploit technology and grass roots activism to help him win but the Republicans cannot have the same success even if they employ the same tactics. All the Obama campaign had to do was nudge his demographic groups, the ground work had been laid by the education system and the media. The dems only had to say, “Hey you need to get out and vote and motivate your friends, if you don’t a white male could end up in the White House and you know what THAT means.” To the young women who see white males as villains on the Lifetime network they thought they’d lose their birth control, to the blacks who see white males in suites keeping them down on BET it meant back to the plantation, to Latinos it meant massive deportation,
President Obama won re-election in part because his crack campaign team understood 2012 voters and put together an impressive ground operation. Out of professional respect, Republicans should refrain from cracking jokes about the president's erstwhile profession, community organizing. That's what I took away from recordings of Harvard's Institute of Politics quadrennial presidential campaign autopsy, which were released Monday.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Feds put kibosh on self-driving cars, plane sharing Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- It’s come to this: The War on Bacon is real Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- America in crisis: Should airline passengers be allowed to use “Knee Defender” to stop seats from reclining? Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Mitt Romney: Sure, there’s a chance I’ll run again Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Rubio sends letter to Obama: This executive amnesty will destroy immigration reform for the foreseeable future Allahpundit 9 hours ago