By using QE we are trying to fix this economic hemorrhaging with leeches. With nonexistent economic education, class envy, arrogant central planning, white guilt and emotions-based legislation we’re doomed to a downward slide. I’m an uneducated product of working class parents and even I can see our politicians and pundants pontificating like spoiled children while collapse stares them in the face. It would make a fascinating physiological study if the consequences weren’t so dire.
The U.S. economy has now become completely dependent on monetary stimulus from the Federal Reserve to support anemic GDP growth that is arguably below the rate of inflation.
While some are convinced that the Fed is ready and willing to remove the economic "training wheels" of quantitative easing, in truth these are the only wheels that are keeping the data from revealing the obvious: that the United States is currently in recession.
As a result I expect additional bouts of "QE" to be unleashed this year. A weak jobs report tomorrow will cement this likelihood. In the...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- DeBlasio faces three lawsuits for trying to shut down charter schools Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- European countries to US: Give us your gas Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- Venezuelan protesters digging in for the long haul Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Maybe we should talk about “True Detective” instead Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Finally: Young liberals ready to explain the news to America Allahpundit 8 hours ago