Conservatives, as opposed to the Republicans who partially overlap them on the Venn diagram of American politics, need a strategy. Strategy differs from mere tactics – it is a synchronization of potential ways (think courses of action) and available means (think resources) to achieve a long term end. Tactics are the techniques supporting the strategy....
I'm beginning to wonder whether there really is a God. I mean, both God and the idea of a soul are just concepts in the human imagination. There's no way to actually perceive them. And people have conceived of all kinds of gods: Allah, the Buddhist idea of God (whatever that actually is), the many gods of the Hindu religion, and on back in history. We now think of the Greek and Roman gods as charming and quaint, but not real like they did, and who's to say that 200 years or more from now, our God, and Allah, and all the other gods we conceive of might not seem just as quaint to whomever is still alive at that time? The whole "God is just a conception in our imagination" thing bothers me. There is no proof, only self-created "evidence."
In 1968, the Viet Cong and North Vietnamese Army insurgents rose up against the American and South Vietnamese forces in the Tet Offensive. They were wiped out, yet seven years later they were in control of the country. There are lessons there for us conservatives.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman 6 hours ago
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 8 hours ago