Conservatives, as opposed to the Republicans who partially overlap them on the Venn diagram of American politics, need a strategy. Strategy differs from mere tactics – it is a synchronization of potential ways (think courses of action) and available means (think resources) to achieve a long term end. Tactics are the techniques supporting the strategy....
I'm beginning to wonder whether there really is a God. I mean, both God and the idea of a soul are just concepts in the human imagination. There's no way to actually perceive them. And people have conceived of all kinds of gods: Allah, the Buddhist idea of God (whatever that actually is), the many gods of the Hindu religion, and on back in history. We now think of the Greek and Roman gods as charming and quaint, but not real like they did, and who's to say that 200 years or more from now, our God, and Allah, and all the other gods we conceive of might not seem just as quaint to whomever is still alive at that time? The whole "God is just a conception in our imagination" thing bothers me. There is no proof, only self-created "evidence."
In 1968, the Viet Cong and North Vietnamese Army insurgents rose up against the American and South Vietnamese forces in the Tet Offensive. They were wiped out, yet seven years later they were in control of the country. There are lessons there for us conservatives.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Video: The solution to the campus sexual assault crisis Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Obama’s ISIS Tap Dance Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Rumor du jour: House GOP working on “punishment” for votes against Boehner as Speaker Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Ukraine, rebels agree on buffer zone, withdrawal of foreign troops and “mercenaries” Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- Could Louisiana elect an 87 year old Democrat felon to Congress? Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago