The Washington Post's headline is "Spending by independent groups had little...
Yes. It needs to be real electioneering, not merely marketing.
Much digital ink and wind is being expended today on the interwebs and cable TV lamenting the ineffectiveness of outside spending from conservative-aligned groups in electing Republican candidates. Indeed, some of the largest groups spent incredible amounts of money to what looks to be little effect. Many Republican candidates who had large SuperPACs behind them lost, and in what looked to be winnable races. This wasn't just Mitt Romney - it was down the ballot with candidates like Josh Mandel, Scott Brown, Tommy Thompson and George Allen.
- Rumor du jour: House GOP working on “punishment” for votes against Boehner as Speaker Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Ukraine, rebels agree on buffer zone, withdrawal of foreign troops and “mercenaries” Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Could Louisiana elect an 87 year old Democrat felon to Congress? Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- ESPN: Ravens’ “misdirection” kept curiously passive NFL in the dark on video Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Demands grow to end secrecy – and robbery – at Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Whistleblower cop in Scott Walker accusations paying a heavy price Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago