Previous 0 - 8

20 Only In America Ironies

sdingus Wrote: Apr 10, 2012 2:23 PM
Lemmi, I'm sorry for your handicap, but what most of us don't understand is *why* handicapped people who are able to skate and walk through an immense shopping mall (for example) state they need special accommodations when parking at a skating rink or a mall? Doesn't it make sense that, if you can do these things, you are just as capable as everyone else to walk to the entrance from anywhere in the parking lot? Of course, I am *not* including those who are in wheelchairs; they do deserve accommodations.

20 Only In America Ironies

sdingus Wrote: Apr 10, 2012 2:17 PM
Touche, sir. Touche.

20 Only In America Ironies

sdingus Wrote: Apr 10, 2012 2:17 PM
Touche, sir. Touche.

20 Only In America Ironies

sdingus Wrote: Apr 10, 2012 2:14 PM
I used to live in a town where there is a major School for the Blind. I have seen *many* blind people use ATMs!

20 Only In America Ironies

sdingus Wrote: Apr 10, 2012 2:11 PM
I find his articles helpful, but to be fair I *have* noticed that some of his points are poorly worded. Take #20 for example: most people seem to be misunderstanding this one. I know I had trouble with the one regarding gas taxes!

20 Only In America Ironies

sdingus Wrote: Apr 10, 2012 2:09 PM
I have to agree with Annamel on this one. Do this to see how incorrect you are: go to your local Wal-Mart and walk to the middle of the store. Now look around for an exit door. You can't see the actual door because of shelving, can you? Now, picture the entire store filled with smoke so you can't even see the door from 15' away. These signs were mandated because people DIED trying to find a way out, but they couldn't see the doors.

20 Only In America Ironies

sdingus Wrote: Apr 10, 2012 2:01 PM
To me what is FAR WORSE is the policy that those who possess handicapped plates may park at no charge. While *some* handicapped people are poor, most are not. And for that matter, why do poor handicapped people receive free parking when our non-handicapped poor have to pay? I think all these laws need to be junked and re-written.

20 Only In America Ironies

sdingus Wrote: Apr 10, 2012 1:54 PM
If this is what he meant, then he should have worded it that way. To use the term "tacks on" (to me) means that for every penny you make, I will take away 24 pennies.

20 Only In America Ironies

sdingus Wrote: Apr 10, 2012 1:29 PM
Ok, I'm a bit mathematically challenged ... can someone explain to me how it is possible for the oil companies to make *any* profit if they are taxed 24 cents for every penny they make? How can this possibly be true?
Previous 0 - 8