Apparently, the Senate thinks the medical device tax in ObamaCare is a pretty bad idea and voted to repeal it last night.
The Senate overwhelmingly passed a largely symbolic resolution calling for repeal of a 2.3 percent tax on medical device companies on Thursday, as more than 30 Democrats joined Republicans in approving it.
The tax helps to fund President Barack Obama's 2010 healthcare law. It applies to a range of medical products - from bedpans to expensive heart devices - many manufactured in the home states of the senators backing the repeal.
- Obama: How terrible of Congress to ruin Christmas by … causing people to lose their insurance Allahpundit 34 minutes ago
- Confirmed: Martin Bashir too nasty even for MSNBC Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- ADP report: 215K private-sector jobs added in November Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Whodunit: Hezbollah leader killed in Beirut Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Report: 29,000 sign-ups on Healthcare.gov in first two days of December Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Waterloo: Obama now below 40 percent approval on nearly every issue polled Guy Benson 4 hours ago