Apparently, the Senate thinks the medical device tax in ObamaCare is a pretty bad idea and voted to repeal it last night.
The Senate overwhelmingly passed a largely symbolic resolution calling for repeal of a 2.3 percent tax on medical device companies on Thursday, as more than 30 Democrats joined Republicans in approving it.
The tax helps to fund President Barack Obama's 2010 healthcare law. It applies to a range of medical products - from bedpans to expensive heart devices - many manufactured in the home states of the senators backing the repeal.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- On notice: Mitch McConnell is ready to “crush” the Tea Party Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Noonan on latest ObamaCare delay: Is there even an ObamaCare law anymore? Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago