In worse fiscal shape? Does it matter? In the end, Americans will face the same choices and consequences as the Greeks and others. Sooner or later, the US federal government (i.e all of the fiscally responsible states) will be bailing out those states that "are too big to fail" like CA, NY, etc. The only question is what kind of "austerity" measures will be imposed on them for the bailout? It would almost be worth it just too see the self-destructive rioting in the streets of LA, San Fran, Chicago, and others. Unfortunately, the burden on the rest of us will also be draconian when it comes.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Video: Media loves Sotomayor’s passion Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- CRS report: The administration has missed 44 of its own ObamaCare deadlines Erika Johnsen 11 hours ago
- Coming soon to the Nevada desert: “BundyFest”? Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Oh, was yesterday Earth Day? Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago
- Chris Hayes: In a way, abolishing global warming is like abolishing slavery Allahpundit 13 hours ago