In worse fiscal shape? Does it matter? In the end, Americans will face the same choices and consequences as the Greeks and others. Sooner or later, the US federal government (i.e all of the fiscally responsible states) will be bailing out those states that "are too big to fail" like CA, NY, etc. The only question is what kind of "austerity" measures will be imposed on them for the bailout? It would almost be worth it just too see the self-destructive rioting in the streets of LA, San Fran, Chicago, and others. Unfortunately, the burden on the rest of us will also be draconian when it comes.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 14 hours ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 17 hours ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 18 hours ago