In worse fiscal shape? Does it matter? In the end, Americans will face the same choices and consequences as the Greeks and others. Sooner or later, the US federal government (i.e all of the fiscally responsible states) will be bailing out those states that "are too big to fail" like CA, NY, etc. The only question is what kind of "austerity" measures will be imposed on them for the bailout? It would almost be worth it just too see the self-destructive rioting in the streets of LA, San Fran, Chicago, and others. Unfortunately, the burden on the rest of us will also be draconian when it comes.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Kochs’ next dastardly deed: Creating good public defenders for low-income accused Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Reading the early voting tea leaves: Republicans closing the gap Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- White House to red-state Democrats: Don’t blame Precious if you lose Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- ISIS mortar shells now landing in Baghdad’s Green Zone Noah Rothman 6 hours ago
- SCOTUS to consider police searches of hotel registries Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago