In worse fiscal shape? Does it matter? In the end, Americans will face the same choices and consequences as the Greeks and others. Sooner or later, the US federal government (i.e all of the fiscally responsible states) will be bailing out those states that "are too big to fail" like CA, NY, etc. The only question is what kind of "austerity" measures will be imposed on them for the bailout? It would almost be worth it just too see the self-destructive rioting in the streets of LA, San Fran, Chicago, and others. Unfortunately, the burden on the rest of us will also be draconian when it comes.
- Jobs plan from WI gubernatorial candidate looks mighty … familiar Ed Morrissey 20 mins ago
- Exonerated, Chris Christie taunts the press by embracing Roger Goodell Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Scotland votes No to independence Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Video: Shep vs. Earnest Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- In New York City, a safety regulation makes the streets less safe Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago