Not only was former President George W. Bush criticized for "authorizing torture," his critics argued that "torture doesn't work." During the 2008 presidential campaign, then-Sen. Barack Obama said: "Torture is how you get bad information, not good intelligence. ... No more secret authorization of methods like simulated drowning. When I am President, America will once again be the country that stands up...
The best Bumper Sticker I think I've seen to date was on a big lifted truck here in Colorado. It had a characature of O'bummer and said "DOES THIS ASSSS MAKE MY TRUCK LOOK BIG?" Damn here had to pull over to gather myself.
In "Zero Dark Thirty," the movie about the killing of Osama bin Laden, one of the first scenes shows a terrorist being waterboarded, where useful information gets extracted. The movie thus asserts the controversial practice leads to actionable intelligence.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Video: Sharyl Attkisson wants to know where the illegal immigrant children have gone Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Video: Cruz presser at AFP summit Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Video: Pete Hegseth on VA scandal, ISIS threat at AFP’s Defending the Dream summit Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- California Dem moves to outlaw some civilian body armor Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Don’t count Rob Ford out just yet Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago