Not only was former President George W. Bush criticized for "authorizing torture," his critics argued that "torture doesn't work." During the 2008 presidential campaign, then-Sen. Barack Obama said: "Torture is how you get bad information, not good intelligence. ... No more secret authorization of methods like simulated drowning. When I am President, America will once again be the country that stands up...
The best Bumper Sticker I think I've seen to date was on a big lifted truck here in Colorado. It had a characature of O'bummer and said "DOES THIS ASSSS MAKE MY TRUCK LOOK BIG?" Damn here had to pull over to gather myself.
In "Zero Dark Thirty," the movie about the killing of Osama bin Laden, one of the first scenes shows a terrorist being waterboarded, where useful information gets extracted. The movie thus asserts the controversial practice leads to actionable intelligence.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago