Not only was former President George W. Bush criticized for "authorizing torture," his critics argued that "torture doesn't work." During the 2008 presidential campaign, then-Sen. Barack Obama said: "Torture is how you get bad information, not good intelligence. ... No more secret authorization of methods like simulated drowning. When I am President, America will once again be the country that stands up...
The best Bumper Sticker I think I've seen to date was on a big lifted truck here in Colorado. It had a characature of O'bummer and said "DOES THIS ASSSS MAKE MY TRUCK LOOK BIG?" Damn here had to pull over to gather myself.
In "Zero Dark Thirty," the movie about the killing of Osama bin Laden, one of the first scenes shows a terrorist being waterboarded, where useful information gets extracted. The movie thus asserts the controversial practice leads to actionable intelligence.
- Got room for one more crisis? In Pakistan, protesters threaten government’s stability Noah Rothman 58 mins ago
- Engel: Military officials “apoplectic” over Obama’s “no-strategy” comment Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- The Democratic revolt continues: Key senator calls for Obama to arm Ukraine Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- Nearly two years after Benghazi, American embassy in Libya’s capital falls to Islamists Noah Rothman 6 hours ago
- “We need a national conversation…” Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 21 hours ago