As Cheyne Dougan rounded the corner at Clarksville High School, he saw three students on the floor moaning and crying. In a split-second, two more ran out of a nearby classroom.
"He's got a gun," one of them shouted as Dougan approached with his pistol drawn. Inside, he found one student holding another at gunpoint. Dougan aimed and fired three rounds at the gunman.
In response to:
Well hells bells, public funding of something that actually makes sense. There's one school that will now be safe for the kiddies. Let's hope this is the start of a huge landslide in that direction.
Clarksville High School in Arkansas will no longer be a gun free zone starting in the fall as teachers will be permitted to carry 9mm handguns. More from the New York Daily News:
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Video: Canada’s Sergeant at Arms gets standing ovation after shooting terrorist while wearing tails Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Poll: Republican gubernatorial candidate up two points in…Illinois? Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Breaking: New Ebola case in NYC Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- Obama: Hey Georgia, do me a solid and elect Michelle Nunn Guy Benson 10 hours ago
- FBI warns ISIS trying to kidnap journalists abroad Noah Rothman 11 hours ago