For weeks we've heard from President Obama and his allies like Senator Dianne Feinstein and Attorney General Eric Holder about new "commonsense" gun control measures, but what do they really mean? The NRA is out with a new ad detailing how a new assault weapons ban would need to be enforced in order to be effective. The ad cites an internal Department of Justice memo saying the only way an assault weapons ban will have an impact is if gun confiscation and mandatory gun buybacks are also implemented. In addition, President Obama's calls for universal background checks would require gun...
In response to:
What do you think "confiscation" means?
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Afghan interpreters who aided US in danger of being left behind Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 13:1–23 Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- ICE has the chance to catch Jose Antonio Vargas RIGHT NOW Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 17 hours ago