Hey, at least they're bipartisan. For the uninitiated, the Texas Senator and conservative stalwart was born in Calgary, Canada -- prompting some to insist that he's not a "natural born citizen" and is therefore ineligible for the presidency. But there are only two types of citizens under the law: Natural born Americans (from birth), and naturalized Americans, who undergo the legal process of becoming a US citizen. Cruz never experienced the latter proceedings because he didn't need to; his mother was born and raised in Delaware, rendering Cruz an American citizen from the moment of his birth abroad. Meanwhile,...
To meet the standard of the sentence cited, _both_ parents would have to owe allegiance to a foreign sovereignity. Not just one. Apparently "born... of parentS not owing..." isn't clear to you.
- Federal judge to IRS: Explain these “lost” e-mails, please … under oath Ed Morrissey 32 minutes ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Video: Losing Andrea Mitchell Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Boehner: Obama lawsuit will focus on Obamacare enforcement Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Watch Jake Tapper embarrass pro-Hamas attorney Noah Rothman 12 hours ago