Saudi Arabia has long been the only country in the world that does not allow women to drive. Now, there appears to be a new development in controlling the movements of its female population: the Kingdom has reportedly introduced an electronic tracking system alerting male guardians when a woman has left the country.
Reports emerged of the system last week when Manal al-Sherif, a women’s rights campaigner who has urged women to defy the driving ban, was alerted by...
Your support is in your choice of where to post and what you post about. Are you posting on Arabic sites objecting to their treatment of gays and women? Or are you posting on Townhall, on an article objecting to the Middle East's treatment of gays and women, arguing with people who agree with the article?
Remember the “war on women” the GOP is supposedly waging? I wonder what progressive women would dub this:
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Media loves Sotomayor’s passion Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- CRS report: The administration has missed 44 of its own ObamaCare deadlines Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- Coming soon to the Nevada desert: “BundyFest”? Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Oh, was yesterday Earth Day? Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago
- Chris Hayes: In a way, abolishing global warming is like abolishing slavery Allahpundit 6 hours ago