Saudi Arabia has long been the only country in the world that does not allow women to drive. Now, there appears to be a new development in controlling the movements of its female population: the Kingdom has reportedly introduced an electronic tracking system alerting male guardians when a woman has left the country.
Reports emerged of the system last week when Manal al-Sherif, a women’s rights campaigner who has urged women to defy the driving ban, was alerted by...
Your support is in your choice of where to post and what you post about. Are you posting on Arabic sites objecting to their treatment of gays and women? Or are you posting on Townhall, on an article objecting to the Middle East's treatment of gays and women, arguing with people who agree with the article?
Remember the “war on women” the GOP is supposedly waging? I wonder what progressive women would dub this:
- Finally: Young liberals ready to explain the news to America Allahpundit 14 minutes ago
- White House on Democrats’ global-warming talkathon: We salute you Erika Johnsen 44 minutes ago
- Poll: 55% of Americans under age 35 oppose sanctions on Russia Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: C’mon, America, let’s ban the word “bossy” Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS, partly due to “liberal bias” Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- The Ed Morrissey Show: CPAC review, Lisa De Pasquale Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago