So taxes will be going up. As a matter of political strategy -- not to say survival -- Republicans will have to agree to raise taxes on those defined as rich. It's...
Just so all of you know, I have determines what a person's "fair share" of tax payment is. On Janissary 1, 2013, you will have to start your taxes and be ready to pay/file by April 15, Your fair share is easy (okay, not always so easy) to determine. First you must be honest, Then using the current tax code as your guide, fill out all necessary tax forms. Whatever the line that says "total tax due" says, THAT is your "fair share", not one penny more or less. Got it? Other than that, remember this. LIFE AIN'T FAIR.
Realistic Republicans understand that President Obama and the Democrats head into fiscal cliff negotiations in a far stronger bargaining position now than in 2011. When voters were asked on Nov. 6 whether they favored raising taxes to reduce the deficit, a total of 60 percent said yes (47 percent favored increasing taxes for those who earn $250,000 or more, and 13 percent approved tax increases for all).
- Report: Oregon is about to give up on its ObamaCare exchange Erika Johnsen 52 minutes ago
- Captain Kirk: Give Hillary the conn Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Dumb new controversy: Should the 9/11 Museum mention jihad? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Gabby Franco & Nikki Turpeaux, Steven Crowder, Ashley McGuire Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Has Obama decided to reject the Keystone XL pipeline already? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Must see: Phoenix VA maintains “secret waiting list” while sick veterans languish and die Allahpundit 3 hours ago