Should the federal government make life more difficult for low-skilled workers?
I hope everyone will emphatically say “NO!”
Heck, most people understandably will think you’re crazy for even asking such a preposterous question.
But some of those people will also think that it’s a good idea for politicians in Washington to make low-skilled workers less attractive to employers by raising the minimum wage.
I often ask such people whether they are more likely to buy a Big Mac if McDonald’s raises the price by 24 percent. They say they are less likely.
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- The (still) shifting transcripts of the President’s remarks Jazz Shaw 37 mins ago
- Bombshell: Mark Pryor called desegregation of schools a ‘figurative’ invasion Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Homeland Security announces new travel restrictions on Ebola countries that, er, aren’t so new Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- TEMS Tuesday: Andrew Malcolm and the big return Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Monica Lewinsky: I was patient zero in Internet bullying Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Liberals warn vulnerable Dems that they should rethink distancing themselves from Obama Noah Rothman 3 hours ago