Should the federal government make life more difficult for low-skilled workers?
I hope everyone will emphatically say “NO!”
Heck, most people understandably will think you’re crazy for even asking such a preposterous question.
But some of those people will also think that it’s a good idea for politicians in Washington to make low-skilled workers less attractive to employers by raising the minimum wage.
I often ask such people whether they are more likely to buy a Big Mac if McDonald’s raises the price by 24 percent. They say they are less likely.
- Ways and Means Committee: We’ve learned that Lois Lerner’s hard drive was scratched — but data was recoverable Allahpundit 53 minutes ago
- The value in silence: disconnection and recollection Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Semi-retired president reluctantly decides now’s not the time for a Jimmy Kimmel guest shot Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Madeleine Albright: Hamas putting civilians in line of fire hurts Israel’s ‘moral authority’ Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- FAA orders 24-hour moratorium on US to Tel Aviv over missile worries Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Tuesday TEMS: Andrew Malcolm, Raffi Williams, Dustin Siggins, William Jacobson Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago