It might be that armed response by citizens (and the includes corporations- who do have rights) will be the ONLY way for "We, the People" to take back our contry from the politicians and the bureaucrats.
He doesn't get it. Raising taxes (never defines as increasing dollars paid or tax rates) will not increase federalrevenue, over the long term. The problem with Obama's thinking, is that he believes the money "belongs" to the government. How DARE a citizen (or corporation) have any money we did not give them? He also in under the illusions that the government knows better than "We, the People" how money should be spent. You want a BETTER way to fnd the federal goverment? Stop taxing income, and start taxing conaumption. Get the facts at fairtax.org
And a drug dealer is just an undocumented pharmacist.

Basic Economics

Scrap Iron in Texas Wrote: Jan 14, 2015 8:53 AM
I stand corrected. My contention is that baseball bats and paper are made from different woods, each with different uses. A curse on those who use aluminum bats.

Basic Economics

Scrap Iron in Texas Wrote: Jan 14, 2015 6:46 AM
How many will you reel in today, LD?
Rail moves millions of people every day in NYC, and thousands in some other major cities. But of vourse, keeping these people "safe" wpould mean you must take away some liberties and freedoms. Are YOU willing to give up essential liberty for a little temporary safety? I'm not, but if you are, you will have neither liberty nor safety.

Basic Economics

Scrap Iron in Texas Wrote: Jan 14, 2015 6:08 AM
Baseball bats and paper? Let's see, Dr. Williams. Baseball bats are made from American Ash (a strong wood with an even grain and a lot of "give". Paper is made from any wood (probably a lot of pine scrap_.This is one relationship that might be in error. Other than that, you article is spot on. Only a genius could explain a complicated subject is a way that anyone could easily understand.

The Better Option

Scrap Iron in Texas Wrote: Jan 14, 2015 5:58 AM
Without the excessive rules and regulations (in every part of government) how would the bureaucrats keep their phoney baloney jobs? Gotta keep those civli servants (an oxymororn if ever I heard one) employed in their government jobs. There is no way they could survive in the private sector.

New Year's Irresolution

Scrap Iron in Texas Wrote: Jan 13, 2015 1:10 PM
A few have made the argument that Obama is not an American. What is an American? It is someone who know the history of our nation, and wants to assimilate into the culture that is unique to the world. The Germans, Irish, Italkians, and others who came here over the years became AMERICANS. But Obama spent his formative years (^-13 or so) in INdonesia. He did not learn baseball. He did not watch the 4th of July parades. He attended a madrasa, learning about Islam. He is NOT an American, and he is NOT an African American (that being a black person in America who can trace the ancestry back to slaves). So what is he? You tell me, because I don't know.
How about if we stopped worrying abot what someone else has/does, and worry more about yourself. If I make $13 per hour this year, and next year I make $15 per hour, I'm doing better. If I drive an older car this year, but next year earn enough to buy a new car, I'm doing better. One must put instant gratification on the back burner, and work hard, save some, and learn to enjoy what you have NOW, and later, improve your station in life. I see the person driving a new Mercedes (or that 1963 split window Corvette) and think, I can get one of those if I work hard and apply myself. I don't think "He 'stole' if from me" (just because I don't have one). Am I right or what?

New Year's Irresolution

Scrap Iron in Texas Wrote: Jan 13, 2015 7:56 AM
Fundamental transformation That's what Obama promised, He is seeking to deliver on that promise. G-d help us all.