I remember Monica Kaufman from my years in Atlanta. She was a tough, no-nonsense reporter who had a reputation for being difficult to work with because she was as demanding of everyone around her as she was of herself. I wish her well.
Next month, the woman who actually beat out Oprah Winfrey for Winfrey's "dream job" will retire from that very job after 37 years. While Winfrey ended up doing just fine for herself, it is arguable that the woman she lost out to -- known in earlier years as Monica Kaufman and in her more recent and oh-so-happily-married years as Monica Pearson -- has had not only a huge impact on the millions who came to know her, but an even greater impact in setting a standard in the television news world that will be difficult to match. Although this may be...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 44 minutes ago
- EPA exonerates Christie administration in obscure bridge-related offense someone made up Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- California energy companies are getting the heck outta’ dodge and moving to Texas Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- CNN poll: 58% oppose abortion in most or all cases Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Video: Rand Paul’s very libertarian speech at CPAC Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- RNC Chairman talks tactics, the GOP’s technological gap, and how the March for Life “was a little bit of a wake-up call” Dustin Siggins 4 hours ago