I remember Monica Kaufman from my years in Atlanta. She was a tough, no-nonsense reporter who had a reputation for being difficult to work with because she was as demanding of everyone around her as she was of herself. I wish her well.
Next month, the woman who actually beat out Oprah Winfrey for Winfrey's "dream job" will retire from that very job after 37 years. While Winfrey ended up doing just fine for herself, it is arguable that the woman she lost out to -- known in earlier years as Monica Kaufman and in her more recent and oh-so-happily-married years as Monica Pearson -- has had not only a huge impact on the millions who came to know her, but an even greater impact in setting a standard in the television news world that will be difficult to match. Although this may be...
- Obama hits 40% approval in AP poll, loses ground on foreign policy Ed Morrissey 18 minutes ago
- July jobs report: 209,000 jobs added, jobless rate 6.2% Ed Morrissey 58 minutes ago
- Report: New House bill on border crisis will limit Obama’s power to expand executive amnesty to new illegals Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Democrats celebrate ‘midterm gift’ of GOP’s failure to pass border bill Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Eric Cantor gives up, will resign from Congress early Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- 72-Hour ceasefire in Gaza lasted just 90 minutes Noah Rothman 3 hours ago