I remember Monica Kaufman from my years in Atlanta. She was a tough, no-nonsense reporter who had a reputation for being difficult to work with because she was as demanding of everyone around her as she was of herself. I wish her well.
Next month, the woman who actually beat out Oprah Winfrey for Winfrey's "dream job" will retire from that very job after 37 years. While Winfrey ended up doing just fine for herself, it is arguable that the woman she lost out to -- known in earlier years as Monica Kaufman and in her more recent and oh-so-happily-married years as Monica Pearson -- has had not only a huge impact on the millions who came to know her, but an even greater impact in setting a standard in the television news world that will be difficult to match. Although this may be...
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 39 minutes ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Advice to campaigning Democrats: Maybe avoid mentioning the term economic “recovery” Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- Western states debate retaking control of federal lands Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Reflecting on Kelo nine years later Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Video: Obama signs bill blocking Iranian UN envoy from entry Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago