The answer was yes. They explained that they had strongly supported Ronald Reagan, and then they supported George H.W. Bush because they had supported Reagan, and then supported George...
In response to:
If it is Bush/Rubio one or the other would have to move.
In January 2008, at a John McCain rally in Columbia, S.C., I asked a number of local politicos to look back to the brutal 2000 Republican primary in their state, the one between McCain and George W. Bush. They had all supported Bush back then, and I asked whether, given the inconclusive wars, runaway federal spending and economic catastrophe of the next eight years, they felt they made the right choice.
- The left’s war on football Noah Rothman 52 mins ago
- Does the Left really reject Hillary? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Australian raids net more than a dozen terror suspects before planned wave of attacks Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Sigh: Busch Gardens removes disembodied heads from Halloween display Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Holder running out the clock on Fast & Furious? Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago