Boulder Canyon sits in the middle of some of the most unforgiving land in America.
Seems like a reasonable investment idea, but I note that Hoover Dam is only valuable insofar as upstream users allow/are forced to permit water flows to the dam. That's the problem of the whole Bureau of Reclamation program. It's all based on government control of the resource.
On December 20, 1922, a surveyor -- J.G. Tierney -- made his way along the Colorado River by barge. Tierney, who worked for the U.S. government, was surveying a remote spot in the Mojave Desert called Boulder Canyon....
During the summer, temperatures frequently top out near 120 degrees. Less than five inches of rain fall each year. Rattlesnakes and scorpions hide under rocks. And the sharp cliffs are near-impossible to scale.
- Shock poll: Americans overwhelmingly favor building the Keystone XL pipeline Erika Johnsen 56 minutes ago
- Obama: Everyone wants a little R-S-P-E-C-T Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Juan Williams: Treatment of Condi Rice by Rutgers a hateful liberal double standard for black conservatives Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: Rick Perry brings down the house at CPAC Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Bernie Sanders is “prepared to run for President” Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Massachusetts set to ban “upskirt” photos after court ruling Dustin Siggins 4 hours ago