Boulder Canyon sits in the middle of some of the most unforgiving land in America.
Seems like a reasonable investment idea, but I note that Hoover Dam is only valuable insofar as upstream users allow/are forced to permit water flows to the dam. That's the problem of the whole Bureau of Reclamation program. It's all based on government control of the resource.
On December 20, 1922, a surveyor -- J.G. Tierney -- made his way along the Colorado River by barge. Tierney, who worked for the U.S. government, was surveying a remote spot in the Mojave Desert called Boulder Canyon....
During the summer, temperatures frequently top out near 120 degrees. Less than five inches of rain fall each year. Rattlesnakes and scorpions hide under rocks. And the sharp cliffs are near-impossible to scale.
- John Roberts doesn’t believe either Scalia or Ginsburg could be confirmed today Jazz Shaw 43 mins ago
- Publisher rips New York Times for snubbing David Limbaugh’s book Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- How to lose a war before it begins Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Putin: I could have troops in Kiev… Warsaw and Bucharest Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- NFL Week 3 open thread Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Daniele Watts won’t apologize, but how about the media? Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago