Boulder Canyon sits in the middle of some of the most unforgiving land in America.
Seems like a reasonable investment idea, but I note that Hoover Dam is only valuable insofar as upstream users allow/are forced to permit water flows to the dam. That's the problem of the whole Bureau of Reclamation program. It's all based on government control of the resource.
On December 20, 1922, a surveyor -- J.G. Tierney -- made his way along the Colorado River by barge. Tierney, who worked for the U.S. government, was surveying a remote spot in the Mojave Desert called Boulder Canyon....
During the summer, temperatures frequently top out near 120 degrees. Less than five inches of rain fall each year. Rattlesnakes and scorpions hide under rocks. And the sharp cliffs are near-impossible to scale.
- Ukrainian President warns joint session of Congress of the ‘new Cold War’ Noah Rothman 20 mins ago
- Open thread: Will Scotland declare independence? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Syrian rebels openly admit: We’re going to use America’s money to fight Assad, not just ISIS Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- VA: Actually, those secret wait lists did have something to do with the deaths Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- TEMS Thursday: Duane Patterson, Alexandra Jaffe, Eliana Johnson Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Politics of man who sought to firebomb black congressman’s office won’t surprise you Noah Rothman 3 hours ago