I think Japan was really at war since the 1890s. I don't think scrap metal changed their thinking about Dutch and British/Australian territory in Asia.
Lingering animosities around the world threaten to boil over more and more, just as they have over the past decade. The results have been war, genocide, and the creation of a lot more nations. Last week, I wrote about the million and a half Catalonians that marched through Barcelona demanding sedition just the week earlier. That story didn't catch on with the press, but the budding battle between China and Japan is capturing more attention as the stakes are enormous. The second and third largest economies on the planet have much history. In fact, I find it amazing how animosities linger...
- U.S. had Assad’s cooperation during strikes on targets in Syria Noah Rothman 20 mins ago
- Open thread: War president to address nation after targeting ISIS, Khorasan in Syria Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Yemen’s capital under near total control of Shiite rebels following bloody offensive Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- US hits Khorasan group in air strikes on Syria Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Breaking: Pentagon reports first airstrikes in Syria; Update: Coalition Arab countries added Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago