Former General Colin Powell is a good American and an honorable soldier, but his habitual sucking up to the political Left has become as predictable as it is irksome. To play armchair psychologist for a moment, I suspect Powell sensed he'd been stripped of his untouchable bipartisan status when he made the Bush administration's case for the Iraq war at the UN Security Council; he's been obsequiously seeking penance ever since. Liberals' hatred of that war was largely an outgrowth of their enduring contempt for the Commander-in-Chief leading that effort (many on the Left are suddenly cool with American...
In response to:
Powell wants Hillary Clinton to receive a “break”? I suppose the families of the dead wish their loved ones could receive a break too, maybe Powell can arrange that as well? What is the official “Powell Doctrine” of “breaks”? Does it really surprise anyone, can it possibly surprise anyone, that a self-acknowledged product of “affirmative action” and a vocal supporter of the most radical Leftist president in American history wants to give a member of the current Administration a “break”? If only we were all members of a protected class of citizens, then we could ALL get such “breaks” — but as any “good Leftist” knows well and believes to his core — “All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others."
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Rubio: Only one nation can stand up to the wave of totalitarianism Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- HHS: Why, no, we are not measuring the very metric ObamaCare was passed to improve Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Video: Meet your 2014 CPAC blogger of the year Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Carney: Why no, Obama does not regret being dismissive of Mitt Romney on Russia Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago
- Brutal: Just one in 10 uninsured who qualify for ObamaCare exchange plans has signed up Allahpundit 9 hours ago