Former General Colin Powell is a good American and an honorable soldier, but his habitual sucking up to the political Left has become as predictable as it is irksome. To play armchair psychologist for a moment, I suspect Powell sensed he'd been stripped of his untouchable bipartisan status when he made the Bush administration's case for the Iraq war at the UN Security Council; he's been obsequiously seeking penance ever since. Liberals' hatred of that war was largely an outgrowth of their enduring contempt for the Commander-in-Chief leading that effort (many on the Left are suddenly cool with American...
In response to:
Powell wants Hillary Clinton to receive a “break”? I suppose the families of the dead wish their loved ones could receive a break too, maybe Powell can arrange that as well? What is the official “Powell Doctrine” of “breaks”? Does it really surprise anyone, can it possibly surprise anyone, that a self-acknowledged product of “affirmative action” and a vocal supporter of the most radical Leftist president in American history wants to give a member of the current Administration a “break”? If only we were all members of a protected class of citizens, then we could ALL get such “breaks” — but as any “good Leftist” knows well and believes to his core — “All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others."
- US training Syrian opposition for defense only against ISIS Ed Morrissey 41 mins ago
- Video: Who’s up for another lecture from Shep Smith about how to properly react to a crisis? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Canada shooter was in contact with “individuals in Syria” Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- A whopping 9% of likely voters “enthusiastic” about Barack Obama Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Uh oh: GOP’s vulnerable candidates start showing off their internal polls Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- In America, we don’t kill the Ebola dog Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago