Former General Colin Powell is a good American and an honorable soldier, but his habitual sucking up to the political Left has become as predictable as it is irksome. To play armchair psychologist for a moment, I suspect Powell sensed he'd been stripped of his untouchable bipartisan status when he made the Bush administration's case for the Iraq war at the UN Security Council; he's been obsequiously seeking penance ever since. Liberals' hatred of that war was largely an outgrowth of their enduring contempt for the Commander-in-Chief leading that effort (many on the Left are suddenly cool with American...
In response to:
Powell wants Hillary Clinton to receive a “break”? I suppose the families of the dead wish their loved ones could receive a break too, maybe Powell can arrange that as well? What is the official “Powell Doctrine” of “breaks”? Does it really surprise anyone, can it possibly surprise anyone, that a self-acknowledged product of “affirmative action” and a vocal supporter of the most radical Leftist president in American history wants to give a member of the current Administration a “break”? If only we were all members of a protected class of citizens, then we could ALL get such “breaks” — but as any “good Leftist” knows well and believes to his core — “All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others."
- Liberal magazine cautions journalists WH playing them with shutdown fears, is ignored Noah Rothman 20 mins ago
- Awful: Nine-year-old girl accidentally shoots instructor with Uzi Allahpundit 59 mins ago
- Poll: Walker’s lead grows with registered voters…but he trails among likely voters? Guy Benson 1 hour ago
- CBO revises estimate, warns U.S. economic growth will underwhelm in 2014 Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- VA customer relations training equates vets angry over care with … Oscar the Grouch Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- ESPN apologizes for reporting on whether Michael Sam is showering with his teammates after practice Allahpundit 3 hours ago