We need to be careful, Mr. Adams, that part c) of the trade-offs you mentioned is not construed as a justification for rape. In the right minds, with only minimal sophistry, such could in fact occur. But this all sidesteps the real issue--the question of whether the 'cell mass' being forcefully removed from the autonomous woman's body is a human being. Some say that, sans viability, it is not. The more salient point, in my mind, is, rather, that the 'cell mass' cannot become anything OTHER than a human being.
Most of my columns are meant to expose the hypocrisy of self-described liberals who have taken over our institutions of higher learning. However, on some occasions, I attempt to address misguided thinking among self-described conservatives. An example is my recent column “Romney and the Rapist,” which was described by many readers as either “weird” or “convoluted” or both. Those descriptions are indeed accurate and reflect the intention behind the controversial essay. It was my intention to write a column that would identify absurd arguments as a means of drawing out the flawed reasoning of those who would support Romney’s proposed rape...
- Iowa’s Joni Ernst isn’t out yet: New poll shows her with a majority support Noah Rothman 22 mins ago
- Gates: No “hope of success” against ISIS without boots on the ground Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Audio: Joe Biden being Joe Biden, Jewish outreach edition Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Benghazi hearings about to force the press to pay attention Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- CBS/NYT poll shows Obama at new low on terrorism, foreign policy Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago