We need to be careful, Mr. Adams, that part c) of the trade-offs you mentioned is not construed as a justification for rape. In the right minds, with only minimal sophistry, such could in fact occur. But this all sidesteps the real issue--the question of whether the 'cell mass' being forcefully removed from the autonomous woman's body is a human being. Some say that, sans viability, it is not. The more salient point, in my mind, is, rather, that the 'cell mass' cannot become anything OTHER than a human being.
Most of my columns are meant to expose the hypocrisy of self-described liberals who have taken over our institutions of higher learning. However, on some occasions, I attempt to address misguided thinking among self-described conservatives. An example is my recent column “Romney and the Rapist,” which was described by many readers as either “weird” or “convoluted” or both. Those descriptions are indeed accurate and reflect the intention behind the controversial essay. It was my intention to write a column that would identify absurd arguments as a means of drawing out the flawed reasoning of those who would support Romney’s proposed rape...
- White House now leaning on Eric Holder to play the role of racial healer? Noah Rothman 20 mins ago
- WaPo: Was Foley’s killer a former Gitmo detainee? Ed Morrissey 59 mins ago
- Everything has changed after the execution of James Foley by ISIS Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- There will be nothing from the president tonight on the beheading of an American journalist Update: Statement tomorrow Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Spot the problems with these headlines: NYT edition Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago