There are a few irrefutable laws of basic economics that are understood by practically everyone. When the price of a good rises, people will buy less of it. This is common knowledge to anyone who has bought anything ever. There is also the law of unintended consequences which states that actions, laws, and policies often have secondary effects that differ from the original actions intentions. We have seen this inevitably played out in most laws passed by Congress. Both of these ideas have been around for thousands of years and the father of economics, Adam Smith, articulated them himself...
Um I'm a uneducated rube Republican.....but wasn't the withdraw from Iraq GWB's plan all along? http://blogs.ajc.com/kyle-wingfield/2011/10/21/obama-abides-by-bushs-timeline-for-leaving-iraq-although-you-wouldnt-know-that-to-hear-him-tell-it-video/
- NRLC Interview – Joe Scarborough Jazz Shaw 29 minutes ago
- And your latest straw poll winner is… Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- NRLC Interview: NH Senate candidate Karen Testerman Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 17:1-9 Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Quotes of the Day Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago