I've been critical of Republican tactics and messaging this week, so let's give credit where it's due: Moments ago, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell took to the floor and offered an immediate vote on President Obama's fiscal cliff plan, which shocked the Beltway late last week. (In case you're keeping score at home, this was the surreal proposal that induced McConnell to laugh out loud as it was outlined by Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner). Harry Reid quickly objected and shut the whole thing down, labeling the suggestion a "stunt." Think about that. The President of the United States,...
In response to:
I'd be happy to go back to Clinton-era spending, taxes, etc.
- Bill Clinton, September 10, 2001: I could have killed Bin Laden once but called it off because of civilian casualties Allahpundit 47 minutes ago
- Is Hamas calling it quits? Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- House may vote on bill that would block Obama from expanding executive amnesty for illegals Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz issues clear condemnation of Obama Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Media reacts to Lois Lerner’s new email: ‘Hard to argue’ no political bias there Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- Comforting: Syria-trained American suicide bomber traveled to U.S. undetected Noah Rothman 4 hours ago