Mitch McConnell, the Senate Republican leader, says he “burst into laughter” Thursday when Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner outlined the administration proposal for averting the fiscal cliff. He wasn’t trying to embarrass Geithner, McConnell says, only responding candidly to his one-sided plan, explicit on tax increases, vague on spending cuts.
Geithner’s visit to his office left McConnell discouraged about reaching a “balanced” deal on tax hikes and spending reductions designed to prevent...
:) I love you too.
- McCain: It’s a stain on America’s honor that we haven’t passed amnesty yet Allahpundit 50 minutes ago
- Hannity: Bundy’s comments on race are beyond repugnant to me Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Should the GOP push to lower the drinking age to 18? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Harry Reid: I call on Republican leaders to denounce this hateful racist Bundy Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Report: Oregon is about to give up on its ObamaCare exchange Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Captain Kirk: Give Hillary the conn Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago