Mitch McConnell, the Senate Republican leader, says he “burst into laughter” Thursday when Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner outlined the administration proposal for averting the fiscal cliff. He wasn’t trying to embarrass Geithner, McConnell says, only responding candidly to his one-sided plan, explicit on tax increases, vague on spending cuts.
Geithner’s visit to his office left McConnell discouraged about reaching a “balanced” deal on tax hikes and spending reductions designed to prevent...
And we're borrowing now with the plan to pay off our bonds when we recover. What's the difference? The main difference is that when we recover, we'll be the only knowledge economy in the world
- Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon: Darren Wilson must be vigorously prosecuted Allahpundit 51 mins ago
- Open thread: Semi-retired President to issue daily communique at 12:45 ET (pledged) Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- World Jewish Congress president asks, “Who will stand up for the Christians?” Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Police sources to NYT: Witnesses, forensics prove Wilson sustained an injury during his confrontation with Michael Brown Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- White House knew ISIS planned to kill James Foley Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Report: Qatar scuttled Gaza cease-fire for not having seat at Cairo table Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago