Some economists and legal scholars have suggested that the “platinum coin option” is one way to defuse a crisis if Congress can’t or won’t lift the debt ceiling soon. At least in theory. The U.S. government is, after all, facing a real problem. The Treasury Department will hit its $16.4 trillion borrowing limit by next February at the latest. Unless Congress reaches an agreement to raise that borrowing limit, the government will no longer be able...
In response to:
It worked in 1940-1945 when serious spending tool hold. We came out of that a new country. And imagine if instead of spending on bombs that lasted 2 seconds, we spent it on things that lasted 50 years like R&,D, infrastructure, education, etc.. It also worked in 1981 when Reagan ran up similar deficits, giving us another 20 year boom that just wore off, leaving us with a nice credit card bill.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Feds put kibosh on self-driving cars, plane sharing Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- It’s come to this: The War on Bacon is real Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- America in crisis: Should airline passengers be allowed to use “Knee Defender” to stop seats from reclining? Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Mitt Romney: Sure, there’s a chance I’ll run again Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Rubio sends letter to Obama: This executive amnesty will destroy immigration reform for the foreseeable future Allahpundit 12 hours ago