Despite the small country of Cyprus receiving a bailout from Russia to prevent an economic collapse and bankruptcy, many with deposits in the banking system will see as much as 40 percent in losses. Before the bailout, the Cyprus government suggested confiscating private bank savings to solve the short term problem. Some have argued the confiscation of personal funds can only happen in tiny countries like Cyprus and of course couldn't happen anywhere else however, it looks like Italy and Spain are getting ready to raid private bank accounts in an attempt to offset decades of poor economic decisions....
Agree... Katie is just Rove's water-girl for the most part... You do have a point about Pavlich. She is the blogger version of Rachel Maddow when it comes to getting a story correct along with using the proper hyperlinks.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- U.S. to announce ground troops to Poland, says… Polish defense minister Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Rand Paul to Harry Reid: Simmer down with the “domestic terrorist” rhetoric about Bundy’s supporters Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Snowden: I asked Putin that softball question on surveillance to start a public debate in Russia Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- The Obama admin is delaying the Keystone XL review process through the election. Yes, again. Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago
- Rubio on immigration: I think Republicans have reached a point of “irreconcilable differences” with Obama Allahpundit 7 hours ago