Every Republican knows another Republican who agrees with them on 99% of the issues, yet will attack them relentlessly over the 1% of issues they disagree upon. Instead of uniting against the left, these busybodies waste countless hours criticizing other Republicans. They will frequently do it under the ruse of being the “true conservatives,” claiming that anyone who does not agree with them is not conservative enough. Yet the 1% of issues they disagree with others on are often arbitrarily decided and not legitimate issues. Mitt Romney was criticized for being too moderate of a Republican presidential candidate, yet he ran...
Gee, what you see as "fake conservatives" screwing things up, I see as "true conservatives" holding the fat cat massive government RINOs feet to the fire. McCain lost because none of us saw him as a "true conservative". Ditto Mr. Pretty Milquetoast what was his name again? When we are defining a "true conservative" we are looking for someone, anyone, who actually voted in a real way, not the fake votes that will never pass, but a real vote for a budget cut that actually passes. Give us this much, give us a candidate who held spending in their venue to ZERO growth. For real, not screwing with the numbers ZERO growth. Give us one who actually reduces real spending in a factual negative value and we, the "true conservatives" will rejoice!
- Got room for one more crisis? In Pakistan, protesters threaten government’s stability Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Engel: Military officials “apoplectic” over Obama’s “no-strategy” comment Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- The Democratic revolt continues: Key senator calls for Obama to arm Ukraine Noah Rothman 5 hours ago
- Nearly two years after Benghazi, American embassy in Libya’s capital falls to Islamists Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- “We need a national conversation…” Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 21 hours ago