Not all of us are lucky enough to live near a kosher bakery you know! For us unwashed masses we are stuck with D&D, or the junk you get from the Grocery Store.

Oh My: Al Qaeda and ISIS Joining Forces?

scJazz Wrote: Aug 19, 2014 5:50 PM
I did propose options... Invade again and Nuke em. I also asked the question of whether or not we should pay for it by raising taxes or just run up another 2 trillion dollars of debt. There are of course other options. However the law of unintended consequences raises all sorts of ugly scenarios resembling a circular firing squad. I get it though... BHO isn't helping the situation any... but really what are the choices?

Oh My: Al Qaeda and ISIS Joining Forces?

scJazz Wrote: Aug 19, 2014 5:27 PM
Ohhh and I forgot... no one has yet proposed any ideas, just more anti-Obama snark. I mean ya BHO is even more useless than poo flavored bubble gum but still what exactly are the options? Having picked an option are we willing to raise taxes to actually pay for it this time?

Oh My: Al Qaeda and ISIS Joining Forces?

scJazz Wrote: Aug 19, 2014 5:25 PM
Yeah... I got that part. I'm guessing you didn't make the connection between "old established group" denouncing "new up and coming group" because of the financing and power struggle inherent in this process. Now ISIS stands triumphant. Is it any wonder at all that they say nice things? No it isn't. It is obvious.

Oh My: Al Qaeda and ISIS Joining Forces?

scJazz Wrote: Aug 19, 2014 5:05 PM
OK for all the snarky commenters so far... What precisely should be done about it? Invade Iraq? Again? If we do should we add another 2 trillion dollars to the deficit or should we actually raise taxes to pay for it this time around? If that doesn't sound like a great idea what is a good one? Stand off and nuke Mosul? Too extreme? What is a good solution? Ally with Iran (Shiites) and help them control the terrorists (the Sunnis). What would that mean to our currently Sunni Allies in Saudi Arabia and in fact the 80% of all of Muslims? This story sucks because it tells us what anyone would already know... Sunni Jihadis support other Sunni Jihadis. Duh... all the snark is just useless. What should we do huh?
OK so the biggest question is... are these 19 paralegals still employed? Are they doing anything useful today? Because if not we get a look at the real root of the problem. Useless Gov employees staying useless.

An Open Letter to the Political Right

scJazz Wrote: Aug 03, 2014 9:54 PM
OK LGBT crew wants the same benefits given to all the rest of us. Benefits that Heterosexuals earn just for breathing. I'm sorry... how is that bad? The question is why are there these 1000 benefits in existence!!! Why are you defining a citizen of the USA to be less worthy of these 1000 totally horrible, useless, non-constitutional, and total garbage benefits? This is the Conservative Position. The Libertarian Position. Simple fix! Delete, delete, delete, delete, until all of those 1000 benefits no longer exist. Thus we can reset to a FedGov of a size similar to 1880. Translation... we don't care about the Social issues in the same sense you do! Your busy with the bible, and while I am born again, using the bible to govern is similar to ISIS and anathema to the Freedom from such that the Constitution guarantees. Would I prefer that this convo had never occured. In terms of Government I have one guiding light. The Constitution!

An Open Letter to the Political Right

scJazz Wrote: Aug 03, 2014 9:40 PM
Are you quite mad? Conservative means small gov and respect for the Constitution. You just defined a Democrat who wants to spend money on DoD. In other words the Neo-Cons we have been stuck with for the last 25 years.

An Open Letter to the Political Right

scJazz Wrote: Aug 03, 2014 9:16 PM
Nope vote for the "Protest". Keep every RINO out of power. Punish McCain and Cochran for there idiot stunt. ALL RINO's MUST GO HOME! Period! If that means losing this election and 2016 as well I don't care and none of us should. The parasitic infection sucking the lifeblood of Conservatism MUST be burnt out! At the very least Starved! ALL RINO's MUST GO HOME! Only then can any of us get things done. All our "Establishment" is built around feeding their pals from the teat of the fed gov.

An Open Letter to the Political Right

scJazz Wrote: Aug 03, 2014 7:02 PM
Look... Libertarians and Conservatives formed the TEA party out of the revulsion we all felt regarding the never ending parade of Neo-Cons we've had since Reagan. Democrats = expand government to make people do what we want Neo-Cons = Ex Democrats who want to do the above AND still deficit spend on the Military. Our difference... Nothing in the Constitution defines Marriage. It is a State Law. Using InterState Commerce clause to make drugs illegal is a stunningly huge stretch. Prostitution... the age of consent? Not in the power of the Federal Government. Personally, Age of Consent is twitchy as hell. In my own personal experience about 1/3rd of my High School Class Mates formed an illegal union under my States laws. None of us thought it strange or unusual. Another 1/3rd of that group were Married once it became OK. Libertarians are interested in this subject to the extent that having the government State or Federal involved causes horrific consequences that are often far beyond reasonable. The touch of "Law" must be light in this the most PERSONAL of situations.