Most important, though, Americans blame Republicans for the situation. While just 34 percent of Americans blame President Obama for the current fiscal cliff...
I like the sentiment, but the House controls the purse strings, no? I wouldn't budge on the taxes. Keep the tax rates for everyone, unless Obama budges on tax reform and/or entitlement. Let the stupid fiscal cliff come and go, then negotiate tax reduction for all. Republicans have to show that Obama is unwilling to negotiate, and is prepared to raise taxes on everyone simply because he wants an ineffective, punitive tax an a handful of rich people and small businesses. If he won't agree to real entitlement or tax reform, go over the cliff. But you have to pin it on him. What is Obama's plan? Every Republican should just repeat that over and over. Answer no questions, offer nothing. Ask: What is Obama's plan?
America is about to plunge over the so-called fiscal cliff -- and Americans are fighting mad about it. According to the latest polls, 77 percent of Americans believe that the fiscal cliff -- a combination of automatic tax increases and spending cuts set to kick in at the beginning of 2013 -- will hurt them personally. A full 70 percent of Americans want a compromise solution. And 67 percent believe that political leaders will act like "spoiled children."
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: “The Newsroom” final season invites you to relive hackneyed debates of 2013 Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Video: First case of Ebola found in the US Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Romney on 2016: “We’ve got a lot of people looking at the race. We’ll see what happens.” Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- NFL apologizes for penalizing player who prayed in end zone Jeff Dunetz 5 hours ago
- Should the next AG be … Republican? Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago