Most important, though, Americans blame Republicans for the situation. While just 34 percent of Americans blame President Obama for the current fiscal cliff...
I like the sentiment, but the House controls the purse strings, no? I wouldn't budge on the taxes. Keep the tax rates for everyone, unless Obama budges on tax reform and/or entitlement. Let the stupid fiscal cliff come and go, then negotiate tax reduction for all. Republicans have to show that Obama is unwilling to negotiate, and is prepared to raise taxes on everyone simply because he wants an ineffective, punitive tax an a handful of rich people and small businesses. If he won't agree to real entitlement or tax reform, go over the cliff. But you have to pin it on him. What is Obama's plan? Every Republican should just repeat that over and over. Answer no questions, offer nothing. Ask: What is Obama's plan?
America is about to plunge over the so-called fiscal cliff -- and Americans are fighting mad about it. According to the latest polls, 77 percent of Americans believe that the fiscal cliff -- a combination of automatic tax increases and spending cuts set to kick in at the beginning of 2013 -- will hurt them personally. A full 70 percent of Americans want a compromise solution. And 67 percent believe that political leaders will act like "spoiled children."
- Quotes of the Day Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Would-be victim delivering pizza thwarts would-be robbery with her concealed weapon Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago
- The EPA is charging $75,000/day over a private citizen’s pond, but don’t you worry about their revisions to the Clean Water Act Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- Christie jacking up tax on e-cigarettes Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Interview with Al Baldasaro Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- How many people have died from GM ignition-switch defect? Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago