What President Obama has been pushing for, and moving toward, is more insidious: government control of the economy, while leaving ownership in private hands. That way, politicians get to call the shots but, when their bright ideas lead to disaster, they...
Fascism, as described by Mussolini, is the merging of nationalism and corporatism. It does not fit Barack Obama, because Obama is not a nationalist. Quite the contrary: he hates his country, is ashamed of it's history, and promotes self identification of it's residents not as a unified nation working cooperatively for improvement, but as divided groups of people fighting for his favor. The Obama ideology is a merger of internationalism and corporatism. I don't think is has it's own "ism" yet. The essential difference with Facism is that it does not subordinate the interest of other nations, but views those nations as additional corporate bodies equal to other, national, interests.
It bothers me a little when conservatives call Barack Obama a "socialist." He certainly is an enemy of the free market, and wants politicians and bureaucrats to make the fundamental decisions about the economy. But that does not mean that he wants government ownership of the means of production, which has long been a standard definition of socialism.
- “We need a national conversation…” Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Will 2014 be the year that Jews support the GOP? Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- Flashpoint Hong Kong: China rules out democracy for the former British territory Noah Rothman 16 hours ago
- Your tax dollars at work: PBS to air pro-abortion “After Tiller” movie tomorrow Dustin Siggins 18 hours ago
- NFL Regular Season open thread Jazz Shaw 19 hours ago