Jonathan put it better: "Well, let's say that single mothers are more vulnerable to economic shocks and are more concerned about the safety net." Much more diplomatic. Single voters were...
Continued from below: Our "entitlement policies" otherwise known as the Great Society has now reached the breaking point where 50% are supporting those who behave as below. Is it any wonder that we see such social decay and chaos in our cities? Is it any wonder that Corporations, educational institutions and our military are desperate to find motivated, responsible and skilled workers? When the Iraq war started, the AP reported that only one in four young people were qualified for today's military which is the same population that our corporations and educational institutions are competing for. Was does that tell you?
Discussing the role of single people in the election of 2012 on my weekly podcast with Jay Nordlinger "Need to Know" (available on Ricochet.com or Nationalreview.com), your humble columnist chose the insensitive way to address it. Chatting with Jonathan V. Last of The Weekly Standard about his piece "A Nation of Singles," I popped off that "Single mothers want the state to be their husbands and father to their children."
- Slate’s Dickerson: Obama deceptions might be a deliberate attention-diverting strategy Ed Morrissey 19 minutes ago
- New Bloomberg umbrella gun-control group’s first ad: Are your children safe? Erika Johnsen 58 minutes ago
- Report: Jewish residents being forced to “register” by pro-Russian militants in eastern Ukrainian city; Update: U.S. ambassador confirms Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- NBC: Isn’t it great to have a multi-billionaire pour money into politics? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- American super-patriot to Putin: Russia doesn’t conduct mass surveillance like the U.S. does, right? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Old recording reveals GOP governor questioned policy, used salty language Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago